I.1) Name, addresses and contact point(s):
Contact Name: Louise Smith
South Plaza, Marlborough Street
Postcode: BS1 3NX
Internet address: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/scwcsu/aspx/Home
SECTION II: Object of the contract
Title:United Kingdom: NHS England and NHS Improvement South (South East) - Market Engagement - Integrated Healthcare Services to HMP YOI Cookham Wood
Reference No: PR003694CW
NHS E & NHS I South (South East) (the Commissioner) invites expressions of interest to attend a market engagement event from suitably qualified and experienced Prime Providers, to provide a health and wellbeing service to Cookham Wood Young Offenders Institute (YOI).
HMP Cookham Wood is a YOI in Rochester, Kent for boys and young men aged 15-18 years. The average length of stay is 2-3 months, although there are increasing numbers of longer sentences that will involve transition to the adult secure estate. The health and wellbeing service will be required to provide an integrated model of emotional, mental and physical health service provision (including substance misuse interventions). The service will seek to promote all aspects of health and will work in close collaboration with other key partners. The recent implementation of an integrated care framework (SECURE STAIRS) across the children and young persons (CYP) secure estate nationally has significantly increased the investment in psychologically informed services . The service will offer a seamless experience of person centred care from the point of entry to the point of release or transition to other settings to ensure effective continuity of care.
The healthcare related services in the contract are likely to include:
• Primary Care Nursing
• GP provision
• Healthcare Administration
• Mental health and emotional wellbeing services inc: Primary and Secondary Mental Health and Learning Disability Services; access to a range of psychologically informed interventions appropriate for young people; a programme of support that promotes and enables health and wellbeing.
• Assessment, care planning and support for young people with complex needs.
• Sexual Health Services
• Psycho-social interventions service for substance misusers
• Public health programmes inc health promotion (inc smoking cessation)
• Responsibility for ensuring Pharmacy Services: inc mechanism for OOH provision and Medicine Management Service Delivery
• Promotion and active support for patient involvement in service design and delivery
• Dental provision
• Appropriate specialist health provision for example: Optometry, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy
• Appropriate administrative support (including data intelligence and reporting resource)
The provider will be responsible for ensuring:
• Close collaboration with the education and training provider to develop a shared health curriculum and working partnership that supports young people with emotional and health needs in the classroom
• Effective and meaningful pathways of care are established with community based specialist health provision, including hospital based services where appropriate
• The provider may potentially be responsible for social care provision following assessment, subject to co-commissioning arrangements with local authorities
• The provider will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of appropriate reflective supervision to non-health care staff
Estimated Total Value: £
Contract Value: £0
Contract start date:
Contract end date:
NHSE will commission a prime provider model for the provision of services and will hold a contract with the prime provider, who in turn can directly provide care and/or subcontract care to other specialist providers.
The contract commencement date is 1st April 2021. The indicative annual contract value is £2.4m.
Following market engagement held by the Commissioner in November 2019 for integrated healthcare services for the wider Kent and Medway prisons, a further engagement event is being held on the 20th January 2019 to gain a better understanding of market interest in Cookham Wood as a stand alone secure setting; this will help inform the wider lotting and procurement strategy.
The event will also be an opportunity to discuss the opportunities and barriers to providing healthcare services within this YOI establishment and will include an opportunity to tour the setting. The commissioners and Governor are keen to hear from healthcare providers with a history of healthcare service delivery to CYPs with complex needs in community and/or secure settings.
Further details will be confirmed to those providers who express interest.
To express an interest in attending, please register on the e-procurement system, In-Tend and submit a completed Market Engagement Questionnaire by 12 noon 15th January 2020.
Please also provide the following details;
Name of attendee(s);
Job Title and contact details (email and telephone number) of attendees(s)
Please note there is a limit of 2 attendees per organisation.
Interested providers will be able to view the market engagement event opportunity via the 'current tenders' list on In-Tend, available on the following link: https://intendhost.co.uk/scwcsu/aspx/Home.
In order to return the questionnaire, you will need to be registered on In-Tend and 'express an interest' in the opportunity then upload the completed questionnaire to the placeholder provided. Please provide the requested attendee details by using the correspondence function of the system.
This notice is an information gathering exercise rather than a call for competition in its own right, and therefore publication or response does not commit the Commissioner or respondents to a future procurement, nor provide any process exemptions or preferential treatment to any parties expressing an interest. Commissioners are looking to establish what interest there might be in providing such a service from suitably qualified, capable and competent organisations.
The Commissioner will not be liable for costs incurred by any interested party in participating in this exercise. Interested parties should note that a response to this notice does not guarantee an automatic invitation to any subsequent formal procurement, which the commissioners will consider in due course.
This exercise is being carried out by NHS South, Central and West Commissioning Su
Internet address: https://in-tendhost.co.uk/scwcsu/aspx/Home