I.1) Name, addresses and contact point(s):
Contact Name: Joy Norris
Phone: 01460 52149
SECTION II: Object of the contract
Title:United Kingdom: Project Manager, Ilminster, Wharf lane Rec Play Area and Young Peoples Area Refurbishment
Reference No: Wharf Lane Rec Play Area
Project Manager, Wharf Lane Recreation Ground, Children & Young People's Play Area Refurbishment:
Project Brief -Project management of the demolition and disposal of existing play equipment, impact surfacing and installation of new play and recreation equipment, including landscaping.
We are looking to appoint a Project Manager to co-ordinate and oversee the refurbishment of Wharf Lane Recreation Ground, Children & Young People's Play Area.
The client is Ilminster Town Council and you will report to the Town Clerk.
The project has been several years in the development stages and received the approval of Council in November 2019. The aim is to create a destination play area which will see local children and young people spending leisure time in the Rec and encourage families from neighbouring villages into Ilminster.
Budget: The estimated total project cost is £350,000 (including contingency and professional fees)
Duration: the project should be completed by 1 November 2020
• Oversee the project, including planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of all the works to remove existing play equipment and install new play and recreation equipment, including landscaping
• To compile the schedule of works based on the phasing agreed by the Town Council
• Prepare contract documents, issue said documents and evaluate responses (equipment items will be specified in agreement with the Town Council)
• Chair pre-commencement co-ordination meeting and issue minutes etc.
• The project manager should check the CDM requirements and advise the client to ensure all parties CDM obligations are fulfilled; for example this would include requesting a construction phase plan (CPP) from the principle contractor , checking the CPP for completeness and if necessary working with the contractor to make necessary amendments until a satisfactory document is in place
• Site visits to check on works and discuss programme etc.
• Ensure that the installation is carried out in accordance with appropriate guidelines e.g. BS standards .
• Carry out communication with the client, principle contractor and any other stakeholder necessary to the delivery of the project
• Support and advise the Town Council on valuation of works and invoicing by contractor(s)
• Compile a health and safety file for the project and once the project is complete hand this over to the Town Council to assist with the management and on-going maintenance of the play area.
• The scope of decision making and authority extended by Town Council to the successful Project Manager will be agreed prior to any works commencing.
To apply please complete and return the quotation form available at https://www.ilminster.gov.uk/services/town-council/contract-opportunities-2/
The closing date is 12 noon on 15 January 2020
Estimated Total Value: £0
Contract Value: £0
Contract start date: 2020-01-22T00:00:00Z
Contract end date: 2020-11-30T00:00:00Z
Town Council Website,
Internet address: https://www.ilminster.gov.uk/services/town-council/contract-opportunities-2/